Investigators are working to figure out what sparked an early Tuesday morning fire that destroyed a south Charlotte home.
The fire broke out at a home on Covey Chase Drive in the Quail Hollow neighborhood around 1 a.m.
Investigators said a husband and wife were in the home during the time of the fire. The wife woke up, smelled smoke and alerted her husband to get out of the house.
An officer at the scene said the entire garage is gone, and the home itself is heavily damaged.
Two cars were also damaged in the fire.
There were no reported injuries during the fire.
Are you covered in the event of a fire? Call us for homeowners policy review and make sure you have the protection you need.
Radius Insurance Agency – (855) 840-1277 or visit us on the web http://www.RadiusIA.com