During the holidays many of us would love to give back to the community but don’t even know where to begin. This is the time to rally up your friends and family members and help those less fortunate during the holiday season. It is always important to remember to give back. If you or anyone you know is interested in donating or volunteering here are ideas on how you can give back to the community:
1) Thanksgiving with the Pride at Kipp (Knowledge is Power Program)– Located in Charlotte, volunteers are needed to set up and serve a Thanksgiving meal. Volunteers must be 18+ and are needed Thursday & Friday.
2) Fort Mill Food Pantries-There are several soup kitchens located here in our local area to serve those less fortunate. This is a great way to get involved this season. Here is a list of the soup kitchens you can volunteer at:
- The Community Cafe, INC.
- Community Food Rescue
- Final Harvest Ministries
- Charlotte Center of Urban Ministry, Inc
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina
- Second Harvest Food Bank
3) Clothing, Furniture, Home Goods Drives and Events (Crisis Assistance Ministry)– Opportunity to help secure donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, and other household items to be distributed through the Free Store and Furniture and Appliance Store. Groups can also choose to host an event to help secure both material and financial donations to support agency-wide programs. Crisis Assistance Ministry has a very low overhead of 7%. Event ideas include bake sales, dinners, bike rides, fashion shows, birthday or holiday parties, plus more! Organizations conducting a drive or event coordinate collection at their own site.
4) CREATE your OWN Holiday Drive– Like us, we have decided to put together a Holiday Drive right here in the Plaka Square Plaza. Get local businesses around your neighborhood to help donate non perishable food items, blankets, and coats. It’s a very simple process and by doing this you are giving back to the community in a BIG way!
These are just simple ideas that can help impact lives. Happy Holidays! Happy Thanksgiving!
Radius Insurance Agency