Let’s just start off by saying that this past year was definitely one to never forget. There were so many memories and events that took place this past year that we thought it was only natural to recap the most talked about and significant events that took place in 2013. Every year will come with new surprises, unfortunate tragedies, and great joys. Let’s take a look and stroll down memory lane with the events that took place this year:
- Royal Baby is here! Prince William and Kate Middleton gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, His Royal Highness the Prince of Cambridge.
- VMAS have gone crazy!- A lot of unique yet “interesting” appearances given by some of the most unique artists in music…it definitely was 2013!
- Pope Francis is the 266th current pope of the Catholic Church and considered one of the more youthful popes in history.
- Boston Marathon Bombings-lets never forget the sad day on April 15th where those innocently running in the Boston marathon were victims of terrorist attacks. America ALWAYS rises above!
- The Kardashian clan grows EVEN bigger! Kim Kardashian and Kanye West give birth to a beautiful baby girl, North West!
- Government Shutdown- the third longest shutdown in history that put 800,000 federal employees out of work for 16 days with 1.3 million demanded to work without set pay days.
- Syria Conflict- the “Syrian Uprising” or “Syrian Civil War” has been an ongoing conflict in the Middle East where Chemical Weapons have been used causing strong international reactions.
- Zimmerman Trial- the never-ending trial that stirred a media frenzy. George Zimmerman was found not guilty for the death of Trayvon Martin.
- Obamacare is passed and in action- take advantage of this as the deadline is steadily approaching. Over 1.2 million people are set to receive coverage.
Let’s bring on 2014 in hopes of positive events to come! Happy New Year everyone!