Here are two easy recipes that you can make for a Valentine’s Party or get together that your guest will absolutely LOVE!
Valentine Chex Mix:
- 4½ cups Rice Chex cereal
- ½ cup white vanilla baking chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
- ½ cup Valentine colored milk chocolate M & M s
- 1½ cups peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets
- 4.5 oz salted party peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon silver jimmies sprinkles
- 1 Tablespoon red & white heart sprinkles
- Place cereal, pretzels, and ½ the peanuts into a large bowl.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, heat vanilla chips, peanut butter, and margarine uncovered on high for about 45 seconds. Stir well to remove all lumps. Pour mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Place ½ the cereal mixture in a 1-gallon Ziploc. Add powdered sugar, seal, and shake until the mixture is well coated. Spread on waxed paper and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Stir M&Ms and remaining peanuts into remaining cereal mixture. Spread onto waxed paper and allow to cool about 20 minutes.
- In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures and store in an airtight container.
Red Velvet Puppy Chow:
5 C. Rice Chex cereal
3/4 C. white chocolate melts or chips
1/4 C. chocolate melts or chips
2 oz cream cheese, room temp
1 1/2 Tbsp. milk
1 C. Red Velvet Cake mix
1/2 C. powdered sugar
Valentines colored M&M’s or other candies
Heart sprinkles for extra decoration
1. Measure out Rice Chex cereal and place into a large bowl.
2. Place cake mix and powdered sugar into a large plastic bag or tupperware with a lid.
3. Melt chocolates together in the microwave or on the stove top. Careful not to burn and stir until smooth.
4. Stir in cream cheese and milk (the chocolate will get thicker, but it’s okay)
5. Pour chocolate over Rice Chex cereal and stir until coated.
6. Dump cereal into the bag or tupperware with powdered sugar and cake mix. Shake, shake, shake until coated.
7. Dump onto a cookie sheet and let cool.
8. Mix with extra colorful candies and serve!
NOTE: Because of the cream cheese, keep in the fridge if you won’t be eating them that day. You can also omit the cream cheese all together if you wish…if you do that, you don’t need the milk either!